- HP Lifescience Mucuna Pruriens 60 Vegetarian Capsules Sep 19, 2014$31.95 (0 Bids)End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 4:06:30 PDTBuy It Now for only: $41.99Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
- HP LifeScience Bergamonte 60 Vegetarian Capsules Sep 19, 2014$31.95 (0 Bids)End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 4:04:10 PDTBuy It Now for only: $41.96Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
- Pure Vegan Mag 07 Oxygen Digestive Colon Cleanse 120 CT. Sep 17, 2014$24.99End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 4:50:26 PDTBuy It Now for only: $24.99Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Green Coffee Bean Vegetarian Capsule Health Weight Loss Dietary Supplement HALAL Sep 15, 2014$28.99 (0 Bids)End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 3:30:46 PDTBid now | Add to watch list
- How to Cook Everything : 2,000 Simple Recipes for Great Food by Mark Bittman... Sep 15, 2014$15.99End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 7:47:21 PDTBuy It Now for only: $15.99Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Ayurvedic Cooking Ancient Self Healing Art of India -Usha & Dr. Lad -Vegetarian Sep 15, 2014$8.99 (0 Bids)End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 7:28:03 PDTBuy It Now for only: $12.99Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
- THE COMPLETE STEP BY STEP DIABETIC COOKBOOK 300+ YUMMY LOW-CARB, LOW-FAT RECIPES Sep 15, 2014$8.00End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 7:25:27 PDTBuy It Now for only: $8.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- COOKING WITH FAITH COOKBOOK 125 CLASSIC, HEALTHY SOUTHERN DOWN-HOME RECIPES FORD Sep 15, 2014$15.00End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 7:25:22 PDTBuy It Now for only: $15.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- ROSE ELLIOT'S SUMPTUOUS SUPPERS VEGGIE FOOD WITH STYLE GLAM VEGETARIAN COOKBOOK Sep 15, 2014$15.00End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 7:25:22 PDTBuy It Now for only: $15.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- 100 BEST QUICK & EASY RECIPES COOKBOOK DOESER CHINESE CHICKEN, PINEAPPLE BAKE Sep 15, 2014$8.00End Date: Monday Sep-22-2014 7:25:22 PDTBuy It Now for only: $8.00Buy It Now | Add to watch list
People become more and more health conscious with each passing year. Fad diets, home gyms, and quick weight loss pills constantly flood the market. However, there has always been one tried and true road to good healthy; healthy eating. Finding ways to eat healthy can be difficult, especially with the high fat and cholesterol content that is found in red and white meats. But there is an alternative that has been long embraced by both eastern culture and vegetarians alike, and that alternative is tofu.
Tofu is made from soybean curd that is pressed into blocks that can be used in various recipes and methods of cooking. Different varieties of tofu are suited for different kinds of recipes. Soft tofu is a form of fresh tofu – produced directly from soy milk- and contains the highest moisture content of all varieties. Its custard-like texture makes it conducive to use as a dessert.
Firm tofu is a form of fresh tofu that has slightly less moisture content than soft tofu. While it is still soft in texture, it is able to hold its shape unlike soft tofu. The firmest form of fresh tofu is dried tofu. Dried tofu has the lowest moisture content and has the firmness of cooked meat. Dried tofu can be sliced, crumbled, or pressed into forms like noodles.
Tofu’s appeal to chefs and diners is two fold. First and foremost, it has very little natural flavor so it can be used in a wide variety of dishes and sauces. Tofu’s lack of flavor allows it to assume the flavors of the recipe without overpowering the dish. Its versatility is also evident in the preparation methods as well. Tofu can be served raw, fried, grilled, stewed, stir fried, in soups, or even as a filling or stuffing. But ultimately, tofu’s wide appeal extends beyond its versatility. Its nutritional benefits make it a food of choice for so many health conscious people. Tofu is low in calories, high in protein, and has no cholesterol. The FDA states that a daily intake of twenty-five grams of soy protein, which is found in tofu, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
Tofu is literally a “wonder food” that acts as a canvas for flavors while providing tremendous health benefits. It is no wonder that tofu has become increasingly popular for food lovers and health conscious diners alike.
Here a real small list of some famous people who are, or wear vegetarian :
Paul McCartney, Peter Tosh, Mohandas Gandhi, Georgina Verbaan, Kate Bush, Bob Marley, Kelly Osbourne, Ricky Martin, Tarkan, Alyssa Milano, Meat Loaf, Reese Witherspoon, Albert Einstein, H. G. Wells, Mark Twain, Sir Isaac Newton, Michael Jackson, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford
And many many more !
So, if you are vegetarian then you can say you join a great club
Let us know that you are a vegetarian and why. Just place a comment here!
While most of us have heard about organic foods we may not have that much of an idea about what this term means. So where can you get this information without getting bogged down by the technical jargon. There are a number of different places like dictionaries, encyclopedias, television shows and even the internet. The main item to remember when you are looking for organic food definition is in many cases the standard answer.
The first thing to understand about organic food definition only covers the tip of the iceberg as the saying goes. Well the basics of organic food is quite simply food that is grown without any sort of man made substances being poured over it, around it and even inserted under it. The condition for the growing of the organic matter has to be composed of 100% natural environment.
Now that we have covered the organic food definition is short we should take a closer look at this subject. For any food to be classified as being an organic food it needs to be free from all genetically modified internal cell structures. The plant must be like the ones that you see growing in the wild – but ones that we can eat without getting poisoned – and their inner cell structure should not have been tampered with.
Next the land that you are choosing to plant these 100% organic plants should be absolutely free from all traces of chemicals. To allow the land time to recover from the abuse of these harmful products like chemicals and pesticides you should uproot any chemically treated plants. Then you will need to leave the land alone for about 2 to 4 years.
This time period will allow the land to recover from the various chemicals which were heaped on it. Once you are sure that the land is ready for planting begin by fertilizing the land with organic fertilizers. These fertilizers will help prepare the land for plants. The first phase of organic food definition includes the preparation of the land where the food is to be grown.
Now you can plant your organic plant into the soil. Using only techniques which are healthy for your garden or land you should make sure that friendly bugs and plants are used to protect your garden’s harvest from plant hungry insects.
The entire combination package of chemical free land, organically produced plants and environmentally safe pesticides – read spiders and ladybugs here – along with protective, sweet smelling (to us that is) plants is what is ultimately meant by the organic food definition.
The world that we live in is filled with many different technological advances. While most of these advances are beneficial to us there are some which can harm us. One example of this is the use of genetically modified food. The food which is produced in this manner is unnatural and will cause health problems in the long run. For this reason you have groups of people like the organic consumers association which takes the part of the consumer.
This group is battling large chemical corporations and governmental procedure to make sure that you have the right to eat whatever food that you want. If this food can be free from harmful pesticides and fertilizers then you can be sure that the organic consumers association will look to this matter.
Before any food can be thought of as being organic the organic consumers association will do a background check on the place where the food was grown. In order for a land to be deemed suited for organic food growing there should be no trace of chemical or pesticides being used in that area for more than 2 years.
Once the land has recovered from the chemical pollution the organic consumers association will give their go ahead for the land to start producing edible food. To make sure that the produce which are grown here are free from harmful pests the use of friendly bugs and compatible plants will need to be introduced.
Now what is meant by these friendly bugs is insects like Ladybugs and spiders. These insects have your plants good health at heart. By this you will see the crop eating bugs being taken as a tasty snack by the aforementioned insects. You will also find that some plants have the ability of repel the plant eating insects before they cause damage to your organic garden.
If you aren’t sure about the type of fertilizers and plant food to place in your garden the organic consumers association will have some helpful tips for you to look at. These will of course have to be natural and organic fertilizers but once you have committed to this course of having organic foods it is only natural to use all natural fertilizing products too.
While many of us are still stuck in the same old rut of greasy artery clogging foods, the organic consumers association is taking steps to provide us with a better and very healthy lifestyle. You will find that the many organic foods which are available to be absolutely delicious and 100% organically natural.